Bachelor of Science in Midwifery Programme
The School of Nursing and Midwifery of the College of Health Sciences, University of Ghana invites applications for admission into the Bachelor of Science in Midwifery programme for the 2018/2019 academic year.
Three categories of applicants will be considered for admission to the BSc. Midwifery programme.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSCE) holders or its equivalent (will enter at Level 100).
- West Africa Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE) holders (will enter at Level 100).
- Diploma in Midwifery/ Nursing (all categories) (will enter at Level 200).
SSSCE holders must have passes (Grades A-D) and WASSCE holders must have credit passes (Grades A1-C6) in the following subjects:
Core Subjects: Three (3) core subjects comprising Mathematics, English and Integrated Science
Elective Subjects: Three Elective subjects from the following:
- Chemistry, Physics, Biology or Elective Mathematics
- General Agriculture, Physics & Chemistry
- Three General Arts Electives
- Two General Arts Electives plus Food & Nutrition
- Any three of the following Electives: Economics, Management in Living, Food & Nutrition, Chemistry, General Knowledge in Art and French.
Diploma to Degree Applicants
Applicants must be holders of a Diploma awarded by a recognised university, with a Final Grade Point Average (FGPA) of 3.0 or better.
Applicants will have their results verified by NAB/University of Ghana – these should be within the above-specified grades.
There may be selection interviews.
For information on how to apply, please visit our website.
Deadline: All applications must be submitted by FRIDAY JULY 27, 2018.